TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES & INSIGHTS, LLC
Last Updated: 02/08/2018
WHAT WE COLLECT
Information You Give Us. We may collect, store and use personally identifiable information that you may voluntarily submit to us, including your name, postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), date of birth, profile image, payment information (e.g., credit card), and contact preferences. We may also collect, store and use certain health information that you elect to provide to us through using the App, such as diagnosis information, symptoms, treatment information, and activity. In using the application, you are free to skip any non-required questions or data fields that make you feel uncomfortable. You are also free to stop using this service at any time.
Information Automatically Collected. We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application, including the sections and features of the App you viewed or used, and how long you spent on a particular section or feature.
Information We Get from Others. We may obtain information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we obtain from this App.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal identifiable information as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our products, and services.
- to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- to send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- to communicate to you about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and selected partners.
- to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- to provide other products and services to you.
SHARING OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may share personally identifiable information with others as follows:
- We may share personally identifiable information with your consent. For example, you may direct us to share your personally identifiable information with your treatment center, including your physician’s office. You may also consent to sharing your personally identifiable information with third parties for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to the privacy policies of these third parties.
- We may share personally identifiable information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personally identifiable information with those who need it to do work for us and are subject to appropriate nondisclosure agreements to ensure confidentiality.
SHARING OF DE-IDENTIFIED OR ANONYMIZED INFORMATION
In addition to serving the individual needs of our users, we are dedicated to better understanding patient experiences and optimizing treatment options and outcomes for everyone. To help us achieve this objective, we may de-identify or anonymize your data such that it is no longer personally identifiable, and share this data with others, including with the general public and third parties. In this way, we can analyze the data and explore questions like, “Do certain medications work better for certain types of patients versus others?” or we can help determine the success rate for patients following a particular treatment protocol. We may also provide de- de-identify or anonymize information with others for their own uses, including medical and market research.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You can stop all collection of information by the App easily by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You may also request to opt-out via email, at email@example.com.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you. Notifications can be disabled through your mobile device operating system.
You may send requests about personally identifiable information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing your information with others, and update your personal information.
DATA RETENTION & MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain your personally identifiable information for as long as you use the App, and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain automatically collected information in the aggregate.
If you’d like us to delete data that you have provided to us via the App, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the data you provided may be required in order for the App to function properly.
By using the App, you agree that our Company may use your de-identified or anonymized data for any and all lawful purposes on a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-transferable and fully-sublicenseable basis.
REGULATION & SECURITY
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law designed to protect health insurance coverage for individuals and their families. The law covers many aspects of healthcare, ranging from portability of health coverage from one job to another to the tax codes dealing with healthcare. Our Company takes HIPAA rules very seriously and complies with the applicable requirements of HIPAA.
We are concerned about safeguarding your personally identifiable information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, your information is stored and maintained on the HITRUST certified cloud-based infrastructure created and maintained by Amazon Web Services (AWS). Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
We do not use the App to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
Treatment Technologies & Insights, LLC
840 Apollo Street
El Segundo, California 90245
Attn: Privacy Department